About BOSSS Marine
The African leader in the field of Marine Safety.
Introduction and Development
CEO Peter Blofield founded the company in Durban, South Africa, in 2002. Starting out with Port security services and a single offshore supply vessel, the company has since developed a comprehensive range of specialized services for the Maritime Industry. Since establishment, Bosss Marine Services has been providing seamless, ADDED VALUE services to their clients, around the clock, around the coast of Africa. We are a fully integrated Marine safety service provider which means considerable savings for our clients and our highly trained technicians each specialize in a range of service categories.
Since 2002, BOSSS has steadily added to and improved it’s range of services in Africa and abroad. New branches have been established in strategic ports, positioning BOSSS as the African leader in the field of Marine Safety. It is our philosophy to pay attention to our client ’s developing needs and move forward accordingly, as well as to ensure that client ’s benefit by receiving world class service. As at 2020, BOSSS Marine serviced in excess of 2500 vessels annually around the African coast.
BOSSS Marine services invests an abundance of time and recourses in staff training and development and pride ourselves on being above-par in acheiving company ISO objectives year after year. BOSSS engineers from around the continent regularly undergo courses and coaching in the latest industry requirements. We are accredited by all major authorities and manufacturers in Africa for each of our services offered.
Certification and Training
• ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
• ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Fire Extinguishing Systems.
• ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Servicing/Maintenance of Lifeboats/Release Gear.
• Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Surveys and Maintenance of the fire extinguishing/fire detection equipment and systems aboard ships or mobile offshore units.
• Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Survey, maintenance and test of inflatable liferafts, inflatable life jackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats and marine evacuation systems.
• Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Thorough examination, operational testing, repair & overhaul of lifeboats, launching appliances, on-load release gear & davit-launched liferaft automation release hooks.
• Germanischer Lloyd Approval Certificate – Survey/maintenance of Fire Extinguishing Equipment & systems.
• Germanischer Lloyd Approval Certificate – Service of inflatable life rafts, inflatable life jackets, hydrostatic release units and inflatable rescue boats.
• DNV-GL Approval of Service Suppliers – Granted accepted for suppliers engaged in servicing of lifeboats, launching appliances & on-load release gear on ships, high speed, light craft & mobile offshore units.
• RINA Rules for the Certification of Service Suppliers – Approved for the (D) Surveys and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and systems, (E) Servicing of inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats and marine evacuation systems, (H) Surveys and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus, (N) Servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, launching appliances, on-load release gear, davit-launches and automatic release hooks.