BOSSS Marine | Maritime Industry Experts
Seamless Services from BOSSS Marine
About Bosss Marine
BOSSS Marine was founded by our CEO Peter Blofield in Durban, South Africa, in 2002. The company started with port security services and a single offshore supply vessel. And since then, we have developed a comprehensive range of specialized services for the maritime industry. Bosss Marine has been providing quality service to clients along the coast of Africa for almost 20 years. As a fully integrated marine safety service provider, we take pride in expert services and offer affordable pricing for our trusted clients.
BOSSS Engineers: Highly Trained Specialists in Marine Safety
BOSSS Marine is always looking for new and innovative ways forward for growth. We are constantly expanding our range of services in Africa and beyond. We have established new branches in key ports, solidifying our position as the African leader in marine safety. Our philosophy centres around attentive customer care, meeting our clients’ evolving needs, and delivering world-class service. As of 2020, we serviced over 2500 vessels annually along the African coast, a testament to our commitment to excellence.
We prioritizes staff training and development, investing ample time and resources to consistently achieve our company objectives. Our highly trained BOSSS Engineers, specialize in various service categories. We ensure our engineers from across the continent regularly undergo courses and coaching to stay updated on the latest industry requirements.
Accredited by Major Authorities and Manufacturers
At BOSSS Marine, we are proud of our accreditation by all major authorities and manufacturers in Africa for each service we offer. This accreditation showcases our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance in the maritime industry.
Certification and Training:
- ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
- ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Fire Extinguishing Systems
- ABS Certificate of Service Recognition – Servicing/Maintenance of Lifeboats/Release Gear
- Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Surveys and Maintenance of the fire extinguishing/fire detection equipment and systems aboard ships or mobile offshore units
- Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Survey, maintenance and test of inflatable liferafts, inflatable life jackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats and marine evacuation systems
- Bureau Veritas Certificate of Approval – Thorough examination, operational testing, repair & overhaul of lifeboats, launching appliances, on-load release gear & davit-launched liferaft automation release hooks
- Germanischer Lloyd Approval Certificate – Survey/maintenance of Fire Extinguishing Equipment & systems
- Germanischer Lloyd Approval Certificate – Service of inflatable life rafts, inflatable life jackets, hydrostatic release units and inflatable rescue boats
- DNV-GL Approval of Service Suppliers – Granted accepted for suppliers engaged in servicing of lifeboats, launching appliances & on-load release gear on ships, high speed, light craft & mobile offshore units
- RINA Rules for the Certification of Service Suppliers – Approved for the (D) Surveys and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and systems, (E) Servicing of inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats and marine evacuation systems, (H) Surveys and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus, (N) Servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, launching appliances, on-load release gear, davit-launches and automatic release hooks.